Monday, November 17, 2014

Winter Strikes in Minnesota 11-17-14


Winter Strikes again here in the frozen land of Minnesota! since last Monday it has not stopped being freezing. But we are doing well, and I'm doing my best to stay warm! Yesterday, we got to go to a fireside with our investigators and they loved it, they were really touched by the friendliness of the people there and also the Spirit that they felt. They are Marathon runners from Kenya and they have been to a lot of places, and everywhere they go they find missionaries from our church! The Lord is leading us to them over and over again! so cool!
With Love,
      Sister Smith


Response from my letter which is posted below:

We had Stake conference too! Seriously it was so inspirational! My Stake President is such an amazing man and I feel peace come over me whenever I get to hear him speak. He is such a great leader! It was all about the Share Goodness talk by Elder Bednar. I did not even know Angel Peatross went on a mission! Missions are pretty good things. Good thing you have Morgan in a few years to make you a missionary mom again!
I've also been thinking a lot about companions I have had, and what I have learned from each of them. They are all so great, and I can not wait to see them again (most of them are already home).
A huge part of missionary work is talking to people you don't know. Strike up conversations to strangers. I know that sounds crazy, and still a challenge in Duchesne but you never know who is struggling, or who needs to be reminded of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Have you filled out one of those, My family Booklets the church has produced? A member of the 70 came to our mission and talked about how we need to fill those out and then talk about it with people that we meet, when we are in line at the grocery store and everywhere!

I am so excited! this sounds so great!!!!! I seriously feel good about this! Lindsey did not send me the schedule, I would love to know what classes I am signed up for. I've been kind of worried about an apartment too, I am so excited that you found me a place to live! Honestly I am glad to not be at Brentwood anymore, the friends I had there were not the greatest, so I am glad to be totally removed from the situation:) Where in Logan are the Apple Tree Cove apartments? I am excited to have a private room, it has been a LONG time since I have not shared a room. Plus, I HATE coin operated laundry, i am so glad to not have that anymore, hopefully ever! Thank you so much for finding this, and getting it all figured out for me I am so grateful!

The Elders found my GPS in the library at the church building. Where we have looked tons of times!

Transfers are November 26th. But we will find out next monday who goes where. I will keep you posted.

Last week I had plans to get my hair dyed and tons of other stuff, this was the 1 p-day we had actually made plans and I was so devastated that we could not do any of it because we could not drive, and we couldn't even e-mail or shop unless we walked, and we could not get a hold of the members that live close so we could use their house to e-mail, then no one would give us a ride to the places we needed to go, but then at like 1:30 a member finally responded and gave us a ride to where we needed to go, and then getting a haircut and color took a SUPER long time, and then we went out to work! So it was just crazy!
Zone P-day today, so probably not anything super awesome should be expected in the mail but maybe i will find time:) Yeh Eh Nah Pah Do!

With Love,
      Sister Smith

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 10:50 PM, Christy Smith <tasmith64@hotmail.com> wrote:
We had Stake conference this weekend. It was different for the Saturday evening meeting they held it like a report from a returned missionary. We had four newly returned missionaries there: Elder Farnsworth, Sister Angel Peatross and two from Tabiona a Sister Nelson and Elder Brown. The members of the high council were all seated on the stand and the missionaries would get up one at a time and do like a report to the Stake Presidency. After they shared some thoughts the High Council had an opportunity to ask questions about their mission. I just got so excited and cant believe that will be you soon. I can’t wait to hear all about your mission in your words from you. The Sister’s killed it. I just love being a missionary mom. I feel like I am part of a very elite group. It is so awesome to hear how happy they all all. How their testimonies grew and the miracles they were able to witness. They all bore testimony how they knew the Lord had sent them to the right place. So I started thinking about places you have been and companions you have had. I want to meet them. And I can’t wait to meet the people you have helped and served. The missionaries all talked about how important the ward Is and how much better it is to get a referral from a friend. I keep thinking who can I be teaching and inviting. Bobbi is really my only friend that isn’t active. I have prayed for missionary experiences before, but maybe I haven’t listened very well for an answer. Maybe my service is at the family history center and getting people involved in their journey to turn their hearts to their fathers. Right now I have Lana Jordan and the Johnson’s. (I think I told you that already) But it is so exciting to hear how much fun they are having. Every week Lana tells us something new she learned. No one in the class has been to the temple “yet”. Lana is one of those women who have been to church alone her whole life. Never having the support of her husband. That is so sad to me. So when I talk about doing names at the temple, I try to be very careful and not offend her or make her sad. I always tell her that she can arrange to have the work done. Maybe doing this work will inspire her to do it herself. Ginger and Troy Johnson really need the temple. From what I have been told, I think he is (or was) a drinker. He was really interested in doing family history when he came to class. He didn’t seem like he didn’t want to be there. So I guess we will see where this journey takes them. Hopefully to the temple! I love the work. I love finding and adding people to my family. It really gives me so much happiness.
So I know Lindsey got you registered for classes this week. We figured it’s easier to drop a class that you don’t want than it is to get into one. I don’t know if she sent you the schedule or if you want me to. I was so worried about finding an apartment for you. I tried for two days to call David Walker at Brentwood. I only got the answering machine. But one day I was looking up a number to call or email contact and I found a website that listed contracts that were for sale in Logan. I was so excited. Lindsey was here and she helped me make sure I found a good deal in a good place. I found you an apartment!!!! We are taking over a contract for a girl who is getting married. Apple Tree Cove apartments with a private room and private bathroom! Washer and dryer in the apartment. (I figured you were tired of coin op laundry!) The apartments are only two years old so they should still be in good shape. I hated having to get a room never seeing the place, but I figured Heavenly Father lead me to the website and place. Honestly just now I tried again to find the site, and I can’t. But I have signed a contract and you are set. I don’t really know if I will have time this week to write a letter. The play starts Thursday and you know what that does to all our time. It will be crazy. And I am trying to figure out what to do for dad’s big 50TH birthday on Friday! Lindsey has been sewing like crazy to get Morgan’ s and other people’s costumes ready. She is a lifesaver.
I am so happy the Elder’s found your GPS. Where did that ever end up? That is so crazy.
I want to send you the Christmas tree and stuff, but when are transfers again? I don’t want you to have to pack it up to transfer. I want to send Sister Nelson some stuff too. So keep me posted.
I had to laugh at the letter you sent home, because in the family letter you said you would have lots of time to write letters because it was snowing and you couldn’t drive cars. Then my letter was so short. “Love ya….things got super crazy.” It was funny.  Thanks for thinking of me and I am glad you are ok. I love you tons and tons and tons!!! Thanks for your example to all of us at home. Hope you feel our prayers in your behalf. Every day!!! Yeh Eh Nah Pa Doh!!! Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment