Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Email week 40

I have been pondering a lot about the gift of the Holy Ghost and how crucial the gift is. I can not imagine having to go through life with out it. and I wish I could do better to teach people how important this gift is. and How we receive it at baptism and how their baptism isn't complete because they don't have the gift of the Holy Ghost! We NEED it!

This week one of our investigators asked what we thought of people making it into Heaven, like is there a certain amount of people who can make it? and our Joint teacher said, it is there for anyone who wants it. which I loved, all of the blessings of the gospel are available for those who want it.

It's cool that someone confided in you. It is very surprising what people will tell you when you are just following the promptings of the Spirit. I cannot tell you how many people we just barely meet and they tell us everything the other day we honestly met this girl, said our names, asked one question, and she said, " Now I have to tell you my life story." and then she proceeded to tell us everything about her life. sometimes we walk out our door, say hello to our neighbor and they start telling us how their marriage is on the rocks and they are going to counseling, etc. it is just crazy. We have decided that whether they want to admit it or not people know that there is something different about us Latter-Day Saints, and we are easier to talk to or something. . . But some of the things people say to other church members is so hurtful. It is so sad.
The Mexican meal was a couple weeks ago but it was delicious! I love you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment