Monday, March 17, 2014

email to Jamie



There was a really good talk about being prepared while traveling in a recent Ensign ("What's So Important In That Bag" in December 2013) the most important part of being prepared is to be prepared to give it away. A lot of the time if we are running low on Book of Mormon's or something sometimes I think, "is this who I need to give it to, what if there is someone later who needs it more and this is just a decoy?" but when I think of how terrible I would feel If I didn't give it away and I didn't find anyone later and I usually give it. Sometimes it is just hard to bring it up but once we do we never regret it!

Something That I Just thought of was a member of the ward here told me that around 80% of the people who are less active are only waiting for an invitation to come back. "Our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ." (Preach My Gospel, Chapter 1). No one expects us to convert and baptize millions but our role is just to invite. and Fear is a huge barrier that still gets the best of me all the time but as we lay aside our fear and consecrate our all to the Lord then we are living the covenants we made to live the law of consecration. The Lord doesn't just expect all of our physical means but he expects us to give him our fear, and worry, and our challenges too, he wants it all! (including our sin, there is no need for us to hang on to that stuff either:)

The snow is beginning to melt here! YAY for the past two days I got to put my marshmallow coat in the closet and just take my pea coat. It's been around 30 degrees! Which has never felt so amazing in my whole life!

I love you and I know you can talk to anyone about the Gospel!

Mosiah 28:3 and 1 Nephi 3:7


Love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment