Monday, April 14, 2014

Testimony of the Atonement



A miracle we had this week was that after two weeks of not being able to contact a family we were teaching we were finally able to contact them! We have been stopping by, and calling, texting and everything we could think of with no luck contacting them. On Saturday we came out of a dinner appointment, started our fast that we would be able to get back into contact with them and another family and went to stop by them. Not only were they home but they invited us in, and we followed up on the Book of Mormon reading, and set an appointment to teach again, and committed them to come to church next week. We also found out that the member fellowshippers had stopped by to leave them a small dinner!

I am finding so much more happiness in my life the more I understand the Atonement. I love studying about the Atonement every day, it helps me to find more joy in the work I am doing. Our mission is studying an atonement packet together and since we started the it I have been overwhelmed with pure joy so many times and I am so grateful for that! Before the Atonement was a big overwhelming word that I felt like I couldn't truly teach because I did not understand it well enough. Now I know I have a testimony of the Atonement and Jesus Christ as my Savior, and I am much more joyful to share that testimony that I now have. I love being a missionary, even when it is discouraging just like President Ucthdorf said "We can choose to be grateful, no matter what." This church is true!  YEH EH NAH PAH DO! (Which means I love you so much)

With Love,
Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment