Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April 7, 2014 email

I heard that commercial! It was SO WEIRD! we were on campus, waiting to meet with some people and I heard the song and I just looked around trying to find the source of the song and it was the TV and I totally wanted to watch the commercial but then I didn't. Yes we did have one investigator watch it. She watched all of the sessions, only one at the church, and 3 (+the Women's Broadcast) at home. I LOVE how dad would always tell us what he learned I missed that last night I wanted someone to tell me how it went. Then our District leader called (they always call on Sunday night to get our numbers from us) but in the conversation and he mentioned that we missed the best session and how we have to read over it because the Priesthood session was the best! haha! I guess that is the closest I get to a report of what happened there is a "Watch it yourself". me reading that about Morgan totally made me cry! he is so amazing, I can really tell Morg has a strong testimony and he is really doing his best to be a good example to people. I love my little brother! He is so good that he was there for Todd.

Woah that was a crazy story, I love that you share stories with me, It totally made me happy when they talked about sharing stories about our ancestors in General conference and i was like "YES! We are already doing that!" way to go Mom! I love you so much! Thanks for the update on the balance, I am really bad a keeping track. . . I love you so much!
With love, Sister Smith


                                   On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 , Christy wrote:

Good mornin, good mornin, It's great to be alive, good morning, good morning to you. Lol. Now put the tune onto your head. They have an orange juice commercial that sings the song while the oranges jump into the bottle proclaiming that they only put oranges into their juice. It reminds me of you every time I hear or watch it.
Did you enjoy conference? I was just wondering if you had any investigators watching it with you? I was so impressed with Morgan at the priesthood session. He took good notes on his phone. You know how grandma Lois always had dad report on what he learned. Well we carry on the tradition and have the boys tell us what they learned. Morgan totally took more notes than dad I think. I think he is trying to reach out to Todd and how he can help, so those kinds of talks really touched him. The you are not alone and you are Heavenly Fathers son talks. Todd got out of dt last week. First person he wanted to see was Morgan. He is kind of a mess, but we are hoping it scared him enough to turn him around. We are strongly cautioning Morgan to hold his ground and be extra careful. Satan is so tricky and he knows our weaknesses. It's always hard to fellowship and love people and keep our distance from evil. I think it's a fine line and a scary one. Ya know? But like we heard at conference pure Christlike love can change the world!

Now for a story of your great grandma Lois and her mother in law, Maud. Maud was a midwife and delivered lots of babies. She delivered all of Lois children except Max. Anyway. Shortly after their move to salt lake from Lake Shore (near Spanish Fork) Lois woke up one morning w a very bad headache. She was dizzy and her head was throbbing. She didn't have a doctor in SLC so she decided to head to Provo to her doctor. She stopped by grandma Maud's and they both went to the doctor. He gave grandma a "man-sized dose" of Demerol. Instantly she was sick to her stomach. Next thing grandma remembers is being at Maud's home. She had thrown up all over herself and the car. After getting Lois to bed, she started making a gurgling sound. Maud called the doctor and fire dept., and Lois brother in law Bert to administer to her. after working on her for a time, they pronounced her dead. With that maud climbed on the bed with Lois and began to work with her chest, lifting it up and down. She said Lois still had six kids to raise and she couldn't die yet. Finally she moved one finger very slightly and the paramedics began their work again. Grandma Lois was very allergic to many pain medications throughout her life. She just couldn't take them. Thank heavens for grandma Maud right!
Well I better get this off to you. I love you and hope you have a great week. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo, mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment