Monday, February 10, 2014

Welcome to Eau Claire! 2-10-14

I am doing well! If I ever thought Minnesota was cold I take it back. It is FREEZING in Wisconsin. I have only been warm once since I got here on Wednesday and it was in the Bishop's office. I figured it would be the same but it is not. I guess it is because we are closer to lake Superior that we get more of the winds from off the lake. There is another set of missionaries in my ward and one of them just came from a bike area so he has been biking his whole 10 month mission so far, and now he came here and he does have a car and he got frost bite because it is colder. I am just getting really good at layering on my clothes!
I am glad to hear that it snowed in Utah! Wahoo! Is it going to be extremely dry and fiery during the summer if you don't get more snow?
My new companion came out 1 transfer before me, her name is Sister Beeson. She is from American Fork. She is super funny, she is 19. She looks a lot like Sister Fink, will you send me via. e-mail or snail mail, a picture of Sister Fink so she can see? Sister Beeson has been here for 4 months already, so she knows the area pretty well.
My new area, Eau Claire is sort of a small town, way smaller than St. Paul but bigger than Waseca. I haven't seen a whole lot of it yet but the Ward Mission Leader is from New York/Italy he is crazy, and kind of scary at times. I am just glad to say that the Sisters are on his good side (not so much the Elders though). The ward is super nice, and there is a family here that has strict orders to take care of me (from Brother Thibaudeau the Ward Mission Leader in North St. Paul:) and a lot of people here have actually heard of Duchesne! How cool!?! Anyway I love you! I am doing great, I can't think of anything I need right now. I need to downsize my stuff, you never realize how much stuff you have until you move. . . yikes!
Also did you ever hear anything from a Shara Harper? Let me know!
Yeh Eh Nah Doh Mah!


Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment