Friday, February 21, 2014

Letter home Feb 17, 2014

La Familia, Hola Amigos! All is well in Wisconsin! Last week I thought it was so cold I might die, but I handled it much better this week. We got to do a lot of service in preparation for Valentines Day, which I loved! We don't really have a ton if investigators right now, but we are building up the teaching pool. We have an investigator who has been learning on and off for 7 years. She has read the Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, and she is reading the D&C for the second time. But sadly, she is not a fan of the Word of Wisdom. We had to let her go this week. We know the gospel will help her but she just doesn't want to make the changes right now :( I just want to say the longer I'm away from home the more grateful I grow for the family I have. Most families out here are so sad and not very "familyish" I am so glad to have a family I love that loves me. THANK YOU!
This morning while I was blow drying my hair, I was studying the February Ensign and I was so touched by an article by Elder Richard G. Scott called "Living a life of Peace, Joy, and Purpose" It really made me think about what the Lord is preparing us for. I think of that a lot as I study current Ensign articles. The world is going to get a whole lot worse, but we are on the right path. All we have to do is endure! Something specific I liked from the talk was "you really have no idea yet who you are and what you can accomplish in this life. You have great potential far beyond what you can imagine today." We are children of God. We are all capable of being Gods and Goddesses one day, but we have to live the right way now. I just love the Ensign, and the gospel in general. I love you all! With so much love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment