Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Week 34. letter home Feb 15

Wisconsin is SOOOOOOO COLD! I am 100% convinced it is colder here than in Minnesota.

I feel like February just started and it's already the 10th! It is so crazy. I now live in Wisconsin, which is very different than North St Paul. I have no idea how big Eau Claire is yet. I haven't seen much of the city yet. This week was mostly me saying bye to some people in St. Paul, then moving. On Friday we had another meeting in Bloomington, so we have been to Bloomington twice this week. It takes about two hours from Eau Claire. We have a senior couple in our district so they drove us to Bloomington once. They are so cute! I have always wanted to serve with a senior couple. Something fun Sister Beeson and I did was we went to visit a less active family and we got to help the little girl make her Valentines for her class. They were super cute.

This week we were out tracting and we were at some apartment buildings and we were knocking on every door. We came to one that had the screen door propped open and the main door was wide open. There was also really loud music blasting out the door. We didn't know where to knock so we just skipped it. After about 4 steps we knew that was wrong and turned around to knock on the door. Right as we turned the guy stepped out the door, because he saw us and was coming to see what we were doing. So we taught him and he seemed really interested! He has full custody of his 2 kids. He had had multiple near death experiences. We are hoping that we will be able to teach him more. He is going to read some of the Book of Mormon. He also thinks he needs to talk to his mom about it, which makes me nervous. I hope she does not Anti him. Sadly that happens a lot. :( It was a pretty cool miracle to meet him and talk to him though.
One of my favorite scriptures is 2 Nephi 10:20. "We are not cast off!" He still loves us. "We have been driven out of the land of our inheritance; but we have been led to a better land." I have been driven out of Utah even out of Minnesota for a time, but the Lord has prepared me to be here in this land for me to have a better life and to help others have a better life! Love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment