Thursday, May 8, 2014

Letter home May 2, 2014 and email May 5

(Part of this letter was from Eau Claire area that's why I put names in)
Donna still isn't meeting with us, but we are praying for her. We have high hopes! And Kaleb, we passed him off to the Elders and he has been avoiding them ever since. Haha. He was just in love with me. It was super awkward and ver apparent when we were teaching him. Especially when he started telling us when all he was looking for was love! It was ridiculous. Sister Beeson and I laughed really hard about that later.
I still laugh thinking about Morgan coming to breakfast--the whole April Fools scene at the Smith home.
The district leaders have I pads. I think we will get facebook eventually. I don't know, we will just take it one transfer at a time. But I do have a feeling a lot is going to change once the new mission president comes. President Forbes comes in June. Crazy!!!!!

From Osseo:
I am doing great! I am feeling a little better. I did go to the doctor the first day in my new area. I know I said I went to Anoka, that is false. I went to the Anoka Stake but to the Maple Grove Ward. So sorry. But yes, we went to the doctor and apparently I just have allergies. I HATE IT but she gave me some medicine, and some thing to squirt up my nose when I get congested. so ya.

We had so many miracles this week. I have never loved an area so instantly as I have this area! I love every member that we meet. I know the Lord is truly strengthening us to be able to learn the area quicker than we normally would. The specific miracle that I wanted to share is last night we were had picked a random street to tract and we got there and started tracting and no one was really listening to us. But as we were almost back to our car, it was really close to 8:30 and we were going to head to meet more members. On the way back to the car we saw two girls walk outside and we stopped to talk to them. We ended up teaching them and one was very interested in putting God back into her life. She has been having a hard time finding a church that will allow her to come to church because she was formerly in the military and I guess people think she was a murderer. We were very excited to teach her and testify of the loving nature of our church. Then as we were walking back to the car we met members that lived on the street we had been tracting. It was such a tender mercy to know we were being guided to that street that day. I love this area, I am so overwhelmed with joy and love for every member I meet. My prayers have been much more sincere as white washing an area is a humbling experience.So that is something I am working on is to be more kind in word, in thought, in deed. the longer I am out the more I realize that I am a lot like my dad:) he loves people but he is not always the best at expressing it, it comes in spurts. I think that is something that I know I had a hard time dealing with when I was young before I learned that Dad really did care but I just want my companions to know that I do love them a lot.  I want to be better at showing appreciation. Being more kind and loving in general are attributes that I am pondering how to better develop.

What song will Cassidy sing? Singing was the only reason I did Pageants, because I loved to perform and sing, I just wanted to be on stage, so that sounds super fun to me:)

So what are all of your family history callings again? They are making Ancestry.com available to members for free? that is so great! OH! So many great things will result from that! Did the Reilley's and the Verde's just choose to be in the class? That is funny that they had you stand to be released. . . weird.

I do love Ben and Megan's family too I am hoping that they will be able to stay close but I think they would really like to be out of Utah. They just seem like they would be really good members that want to share the Gospel and there is just more opportunity to do that in places other than Utah ya know? Why did you keep Cooper with you for a couple of days? Man I can not believe how fast they are growing. I still imagine Porter as this little baby that was just born and he is already standing. and Cooper is still a tiny boy who just learned how to crawl.

I got the package and I LOVED it! I totally was jumping around my apartment with excitement for new clothes and the iPod:) I just had too many clothes to take home, and I got a new Aggie shirt, and so I sent that one home, and I got UWEC sweats, so I didn't need two pairs, and same with the shorts. I just was ready to send home clothes that I still want but didn't need right away.
 I do get to go to the temple now:) YAY! how exciting! Sister Shumway, my new companion, has not been at all on her mission, (8 months). I would definitely need the temple more often than that! I am so glad to live close. anyway I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment